New York Car Accident Attorneys
Auto Accident Claims in the 5 Boroughs of New York City & the Surrounding Counties
Have you or a loved one been injured in a New York car wreck? The aftermath of a crash can be stressful, confusing, painful, and tragic. Fortunately, you don’t have to suffer alone. The New York car accident lawyers at Law Firm of D.F. Truhowsky have decades of combined experience obtaining just compensation for auto accident victims and their families.
Contact our New York car accident lawyers by giving us a call at (212) 880-6496 for your free consultation today.
What Are the Most Common Car Accident Causes & Injuries?
From parking lot scrapes to multi-car pileups, car accidents come in all shapes and sizes. Their causes and effects are too numerous to count, but there are some common threads.
Many car wrecks are caused by outside forces like fog, rain, and wind.
When it comes to injury claims, however, they are typically the result of human error including:
- Distracted driving
- Poor city planning are major crash contributors
In the event a person or company’s actions led to your accident, you can bring a lawsuit or “car accident claim” against the at-fault party.
For example, if you were hit by a drunk driver, you can sue them for driving while intoxicated. If your injury was the result of a manufacturing defect, you may be able to sue the company that built your car.
Car accident injuries are varied as well, but commonly feature:
- Bruises, cuts, and scrapes
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries (whiplash, sprains)
- Internal injuries (broken ribs, organ damage)
- Traumatic brain injuries (concussions, etc.)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Wrongful death
What to Do After a Car Wreck
Following a car accident, it is best to do everything you can to protect your health and legal rights before an attorney steps in. We recommend doing the following as soon as possible after a wreck:
Visit a doctor for a checkup if you haven’t already sought medical treatment. Car accident victims
are often in shock and may suffer from internal injuries, so receiving
a thorough medical examination is the ideal way to ensure your health
- Once you receive a diagnosis, follow your doctor’s treatment plan exactly. If you don’t obey your doctor’s orders, this could be used to argue that you are exaggerating or faking your injuries and cause you to lose your claim.
- Collect and preserve any evidence related to your crash. This may include the at-fault driver’s insurance, vehicle, and contact info, witness contact numbers, photos and/or video footage of the crash scene and vehicles, medical bills, car repair receipts, relevant email correspondence, and more.
- Contact your insurance company and inform them of your accident. However, wait until after you have spoken with a lawyer and received a medical diagnosis before even thinking about accepting a settlement offer. Also, never speak to the at-fault driver’s insurance company if they contact you.
- Consult with a local car accident attorney about your case. A lawyer will be able to determine whether you have grounds to take legal action. If you choose to hire an attorney, they can take care of insurance negotiations, paperwork, and other legal procedures on your behalf.
How Long Does It Usually Take to Settle a Car Accident Lawsuit?
All car accident cases are not created equally and may vary on the amount of time that they take to settle. Lawsuits that take longer usually last for a year, or even several years. Shorter suits may be settled in a matter of months.
If your lawsuit involves uncooperative people, difficulty gaining evidence or witness testimony, or other complicated factors, it may take longer than desired.
How Our Personal Injury Firm Can Help
Attorney Truhowsky and her team will fight to obtain the maximum settlement possible on your behalf while also working closely with you to help ensure you receive prompt medical treatment, vehicle repairs, and all your necessary legal needs to get through this ordeal.
Reach out to Law Firm of D.F. Truhowsky by calling (212) 880-6496 today to book your free, no-obligation consultation to learn more.
The long-term effects of a car crash can include enduring anything from extensive, long term medical treatment to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Even a seemingly minor car accident can become a serious matter as injuries often take a few days to show symptoms—and by then, irreversible damage may have been done.
If severe injury is involved, you could be looking at costly medical bills and lost wages from taking time off to recover, as well as major lifestyle changes if the effects of the harm are permanent. You may also have to deal with shady insurance companies, an uncooperative motorist who caused the accident but refuses to accept blame, and/or the cost of repairing or replacing your car.
How does one manage all this on their own? Unless they are well versed in legal matters, usually they don’t. By hiring a car accident lawyer to take care of all the hard work, such as collecting evidence, calculating your losses, and negotiating the maximum settlement possible, you can focus on more important things, like your recovery.
Let Law Firm of D.F. Truhowsky handle your car accident claim on your behalf. We will fight to obtain the full amount of compensation you deserve, including for:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Wrongful death
For over a decade, we have represented the wrongfully injured with compassion and care, while aggressively pursuing justice on their behalf. We are prepared to fight for you.
Call (212) 880-6496 or contact us online for your free case evaluation.